View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
hokiealumnus
Administrator
hokiealumnus's System

hokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaberhokiealumnus World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaber

I graphed mine actually. Results in requested form are supplied below. I'm testing out a few different TIMs (AS:5, MX-2, Ceramique & ICD7). I will be doing more tests, but to start, I wanted to see what each one did immediately after installation at idle and loaded for 1/2 hour (with the exception of MX-2, which was already on the CPU for about two weeks).

Here are those initial results, all normalized to 24c ambient (per Vapor of Skinnee Labs, whom I trust over pretty much anyone for this type of thing, ambient:cores on i7 are 1:1).

The CPU is an i7 860, overclocked to 3.8GHz w/ HT on at 1.317 Vcore loaded, cooled as part of this loop: MCP-355 w/ XSPC Res Top -> Swiftech MCR-320 -> D-Tek Fuzion v.2 -> Swiftech MCW-60. The load is being applied by Prime95 using Small FFTs.

Because of that MX-2 anomaly, I'm going to be giving the three others at least 24hours to get some curing completed (IIRC, Vapor's review saw the biggest drops after an hour on AS:5 and a pretty steady drop for ~12 hours on ICD7). If results are not remotely in line with others' testing, I'll try multiple mounts of the anomalous ones. I do think the MX-2 application had to be almost perfect to show such a drastic drop.

Anyway...I'll be posting more detailed results whenever I have time to get done with the further testing, complete with all screenshots showing the data above and all subsequent data.

After over a week, ICD7 has not changed but maybe 1C from the above results. Time is very limited right now, but when there is more of it, I will be re-applying ICD7 and the others (except MX-2) and giving them minimum 24 hours under full load (Folding@Home) before re-testing idle and load temps. These are not to be considered final results. I just did not want to delay the data that I had gathered thus far. There are screenshots to back all of this up and I will supply them once the remainder of the data is compiled.

Here are the results formatted as requested:

Pre-IC7

Abient Temp: 24C (Ambient measured with room thermometer to the nearest .5 degree C, normalized to the mean of 24C. All results are in degrees C.)

Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Idle Temp: 35
Load Temp (highest recorded): 66.25
Load Temp (after 1/2 hour): 65.25

Compound: Arctic Silver 5
Idle Temp: 35.75
Load Temp (highest recorded): 68.75
Load Temp (after 1/2 hour): 68.5

Compound: Arctic Silver: Ceramique
Idle Temp: 36
Load Temp (highest recorded): 68.5
Load Temp (after 1/2 hour): 68

IC7
Idle Temp: 35
Load Temp (highest recorded): 68.25
Load Temp (after 1/2 hour): 67

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: MCP-355 w/ XSPC Res Top -> Swiftech MCR-320 -> Swiftech Apogee XT -> Swiftech MCW-60

abit AX78 * 5000BE @ 3.0GHz * Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro * 2x1G OCZ Platinum (Rev.2), DDR2-800, 4-4-4-15 * MSI x1550 * Corsair VX450

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hokiealumnus is online now   Reply With Quote